To get you started with development using ADOxx, please consider the following basic steps to start and login to the tool. Additional resources are available as Videos, related to this article.
For the following steps, we do assume that the installation of ADOxx was concluded successfully.
1. Development Toolkit Startup
- Start the Development Toolkit using the entry in the start menu (or using the aadma.exe file in the installation directory of ADOxx (%PROGRAM_FILES\BOC\ADOxxVERSION\)
- Use the default development user, password and database name as (defined during the setup process)
DB: [database name specified during installation run or "adoxxdb")
- After login, the development environment is shown
ADOxx User Login in Development and Modelling Toolkit
2. Development Toolkit - Components
The debug your development, you need to create a debug user in the database using the user management component in the development toolkit. The user should be assigned to the default library to be loaded in the Modelling Toolkit.
- Create a debug user with the following setting for testing purposes:
- Assign the default library to the user during creation. Additional libraries can be added/imported as ABL using the library management component.
ADOxx Development Toolkit Component Bar
ADOxx (Experimentation) Tutorial Library
For development and training purposes, the default library provided with ADOxx is EMPTY, this means that no classes, modeltypes or relations are defined. In general the application libraries consists of 2 sub-libraries:
- Dynamic: ADOxx [VERSION] Dynamic Tutorial Library (Experimentation Environment)
- Static: ADOxx [VERSION] Static Tutorial Library (Experimentation Environment)
ADOxx Library Management Component